Monday, October 26, 2015

Who's Your Hero?


This Saturday is Halloween, and we'll surely see our share of goblins, ghouls, and superheroes. I have always been a fan of superheroes. My favorite is Superman. As a kid, I loved that he had super strength, could fly, and was bulletproof. As an adult, I love what he represents--a person from another planet dedicating his life to saving other people--strangers--because he always tries to see the good in humanity. 

I am blessed to have a real life superman in my life--well, superwoman actually. This Saturday, my wife, Courtney, left for Haiti to be a part of our Parish's medical and dental mission trip. For some time she has felt God's call to be of service to others. Last year, locally, she organized several pancake breakfasts for her former students at Sacred Heart Catholic School in Pinellas Park. She also anonymously (well, up until just now) organized and donated a graduation dinner for those students, too. 

This is her first time travelling out of the country to complete service. I hope you will join me in praying for her and the entire mission team heading to Sainte-Suzanne, Haiti. I know the people she meets will be as blessed to experience her joy and love for God as I am each and every day. I did speak to her yesterday, and she wanted me to let everyone know, "Tout bagay bon" which is Creole for "It's all good!" 
  
This is Courtney striking her superhero pose this summer in Oregon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment