Monday, November 14, 2016

Gratitude = Great Attitude

I hardly ever use the phrase "Where did the time go?" Having lived most of my adult life on a school bell schedule, I know exactly where my time has gone. This morning, however, when I looked at the calendar and realized that we have only FOUR weeks of school left in this semester, I did say, "Where did the time go?!"

I am thankful for a job that brings me so much excitement and fulfillment that the time moves more quickly than a second grader on his way to recess. The CKS community has much to be thankful for and here are three events that have me showing my gratitude:

Retreat

I know many of us lamented having to come in last Friday, which was previously a scheduled holiday. Our 8th graders and some of their teachers were excited though, because we had a retreat and team-building day. We took our 8th graders to a scouting camp where they were able to rappel, zip-line, and play team games. It was a great day of relationship-building with our students and staff. We hope it's the beginning of a new CKS tradition. 


Food Drive

A current CKS tradition is our generous participation in the St. Vincent DePaul Thanksgiving Food Drive. Every year this organization counts on CKS to stock its food pantry for the holidays. I set a goal for the students of 10,000 food items. Breaking that down on a smaller level, each student needs to donate just 20 food items to surpass that goal. Individual classroom teachers have set their own classroom incentives to encourage participation and spark generosity. I know our families will respond to the challenge. 

Admissions Open House

The generosity and enthusiasm of our families is one of our greatest strengths. This week we have our EC4 and Kindergarten Admissions Open House on Wednesday at 7PM. At this event, and on subsequent tours, I am often asked what I think is our greatest strength, and I always respond that it is our families. Our best marketing is word of mouth advertising of our families. Thank you for spreading the good word and be sure to check out our latest marketing video on the school website later this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment