Monday, February 6, 2017

Please Pass the Tape

Next Friday, February 17, if you happen to come by school, you are sure to find me hanging around the Pavilion...literally. Our students brought in their spare change over the last month as part of a homeroom competition to raise funds to off-set the cost of meals for our hunger project this past Friday.

                               Duct taping test run today to let us know how many rolls of tape we'll need!


I am so proud of our students, who organized bake sales, sold water/snacks during Gasparilla and scoured the depths of their couch cushions to bring in money for Feeding Children Everywhere. All of that spare change meant we got to package over 40,000 meals that will be distributed to food banks locally and to our partners in Haiti.



The homeroom that produced the most change, 4A, will be duct taping me to to a column or wall in the pavilion as a reward.  Although I thought duct taping Mrs. Lowrey would have been a much better reward, they didn't agree. I did agree to stay suspended one minute for every $100 raised. Even though the final meal has been packaged (40,320 was the final count), the money is still coming in to the office, so I am not sure exactly how long I'll be taped, but I do know it is long enough that if you stop by, feel free to toss me a bottle of water!

                             

No comments:

Post a Comment