Monday, April 3, 2017

Birthday Bash

This morning at assembly, three of our 1st grade students excitedly ran up to me with an envelope and a story.  I was amazed at what they had to tell me. Over the weekend, the students' parents organized a combined birthday celebration.  Instead of presents, party guests were asked to bring any money that would have been used to buy a present to make a donation.

The children made the decision to donate the money to our sister parish in Sainte-Suzanne, Haiti. They collected over $1000. This money could be used buy medical supplies, supplemental nutritional bars or basic school supplies for the community.

I take the mission of our school seriously: that we help our students grow in the love of Christ, the joy of knowledge and spirit of service. Christ, Knowledge and Service are at the core of who we are at CKS, and I continue to be amazed by the actions of our students.


No comments:

Post a Comment